Thursday, October 7, 2010

Worldwide: Call for artists - photographs of your city

Looking For Graffiti Artists From Around the World

"I'm not a graffiti aficionado, though I did crack up in Berlin when I spotted a "no tagging" sign outside of a spray paint shop. (And it was the only clean facade on the street.) However, I have seen enough to know that the community seems under-represented ... aside from brick walls in every city everywhere.
"I'm a writer and photography fan, and I run a site called Life, Panoramic (lifepanoramic.com). The idea is that, instead of seeing another collection of tourist photos, we get a very subjective view of life around the world from locals - the people who actually live in each place.
"Basically, I'd like to invite you to participate in Life, Panoramic, showing your city from your perspective (not necessarily entirely tied to graffiti, though that can be as large or small of a component as you'd like). We've had a lot of web designers, teachers, moms and marketers participate. Now, I'd love to expand our horizons to show a wider scope. Entries consist of 10-15 photos, accompanied by brief prose. Don't worry if you aren't the best photographer; just be as earnest as possible. Hope to have you there."